What are Porcelain Veneers?
If you have crooked, chipped, or stained teeth, porcelain veneers can help to renew your smile quickly and easily. Porcelain veneers can also be used for people with gaps in their teeth, or to reshape or lengthen the appearance of your teeth. These durable shells are custom-made to fit snugly and comfortably over the visible part of the affected teeth. Once bonded to your teeth, veneers can last decades, and provide you with beautiful, natural-looking results and a balanced new smile.
What are the benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain dental veneers are some of the most common treatments available for several reasons. They can beautifully restore the appearance of your teeth and enhance functional abilities as well, making them an ideal procedure for a number of dental imperfections. Some of the benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Improvement in the appearance of chips, gaps, stains, spaces, and mild misalignment issues
- Improvement in the appearance of “short” or worn down teeth
- Custom-designed for the most natural fit and appearance
- Completely mask signs of dark stains and discolouration
- Resistant to future staining or yellowing
- There is no downtime typically necessary after treatment
- They can provide enhanced structural support to cracked or otherwise weakened teeth
- Plus, porcelain veneers are known to last for very long periods of time. With proper care, porcelain dental veneers can last for decades!
What can I expect during Porcelain Veneers treatment?
At Abbotsford Dental, we take extra care to ensure you receive customised treatment that is completely designed for your unique needs. During your initial consultation, our dentists will answer all your questions and explain all aspects of the porcelain veneer procedure.
Porcelain dental veneer treatments have become very advanced over the years – so much so that any filing down of the original tooth to accommodate the veneer is often very minimal. After the original tooth is gently reshaped, dental impressions are taken and sent to a skilled ceramist to create a “test” veneer. This temporary veneer will be placed onto your teeth to help you experience the look and feel, allowing our dentists to make any adjustments or modifications before the final veneer is made.
Then, the ceramist will make the final porcelain veneer, and our dentists will place it on the affected tooth with a durable cement. At Abbotsford Dental, our dentists strive to ensure that your porcelain veneer looks and fits as naturally as possible. Keep in mind, the veneer is colour-tinted to match surrounding teeth, so it should blend in seamlessly. Porcelain dental veneers are specifically designed to provide results that look natural. In fact, many patients enjoy their veneers for many years without anyone even noticing they aren’t their natural teeth!