A good dental hygiene is an important requisite of keeping healthy. It gives you confidence. Over the last few years, cosmetic dentistry has reached staggering new heights providing people with the best in oral care. Pain free dentistry seems to be the buzzword today. No more pain, no more suffering… just beautiful, glittering natural smile! In cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, bleaching or swabbing is a common term. Although many people resort to teeth whitening in dental clinics under the supervision of dentists, it can also be done at home. Let’s see how you can get glistening white teeth just by following these simple and easy-to-follow steps:
- Eat as much crunchy food as possible. Due to their acidic nature, apples, carrots, celery, pears and others have the ability to clean and whiten teeth naturally. The crunchier the food, the more abrasive it is and the cleaner it will get your teeth. They are actually a natural scrub for your smile. However, remember to eat them in their whole form rather than cutting them up or crushing them up for juices.
- Consume considerable amount of dairy products. Recent scientific studies have found that dairy products like cheese, milk and yogurt have minerals like calcium and phosphorus, which are great for strengthening teeth and improving their appearance and whiteness. They also make teeth’s enamel much stronger.
- More and more strawberries. Yeah you heard it right! Malic acid, which is an important component in strawberries, helps to fade away discolorations in teeth which may result from tobacco or caffeine use, medication and other factors. The rough texture of berries helps in buffing the enamel giving a brighter, smoother appearance. A great tip would be to mix some crushed strawberries, half teaspoon of baking soda and a little lemon juice and applying the mixture on teeth for five minutes. Your teeth will shine brilliantly!
- It is a widely known fact that baking soda has teeth cleaning properties. However, it’s always best to use it in moderation to avoid any enamel damage. Take a pinch of baking soda and rub gently along your teeth. Rinse thereafter for optimum results. Limited use of baking soda can enhance your teeth’s whiteness considerably. Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide or salt mixture is also great to clean and whiten teeth naturally.
- If you have to drink a cola, wine or any other colored drink, do so with a straw. These drinks can stain your teeth, so avoid gulping them down. Use a straw to sip the drink directly into your mouth.
- Go for an electric toothbrush. They are great for removing stubborn stains which are generally seen on the teeth surfaces. Always buy a good brand for best results.
- Use teeth bleaching strips. They work well too. There are a range of teeth whitening strips available in the market today.
- Specially formulated whitening toothpastes are good too. Although they might not be able to brush off stains that are there for long and provide you with overnight results, using these toothpastes diligently can give you somewhat good results.
- Rubbing the inside of an orange peel on the surface of your teeth and also gargling occasionally with sesame oil or vinegar helps in natural whitening of teeth.
So now keep your smile as bright and white you can with these simple homely steps!
Courtesy of ezinearticles.com by Prabir Das